OBEX MT P1 Terminal provides also the performance of a P2 Terminal and offers class leading performance with its modular configuration. The design of the product has been developed to provide the safest performance to terminate and anchor guardrail where speed limits of up to 80 km/h apply.
It behaves much like a crash cushion in how it absorbs the energy of vehicle impact with the compression of its unique energy absorbing steel cellular sections. The modules are anchored with a H-section post that is stabilised by the tension resistance of anchored steel wire rope.
OBEX MT P1/ P2 Terminal is tested in accordance with EN1317 part 4. It is a fully upright terminal and is available in both single and double sided applications i.e. both for verge and median situations. Steel sections are to grade S275 and S235, galvanised to EN 1461 and connected with grade 8.8 bolts. OBEX MT P1/ P2 is suitable for connection to both 2-Wave and 3-Wave corrugated beam guardrail systems. The OBEX Modular Terminal design concept is unique, innovative and covered with a Patent Pending application (UK No. 1421308.6).
OBEX MT is to be installed by trained and certified OBEX installers only in accordance with the OBEX Installation Manual. A LANTRA Approved Training is available from Fencing and Construction Training (FaCT) Ltd. Contact Sybil or Tim at +44 (0)121 476 4731 or firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com to book a course.
|Performance Class||P1/ P2|
|Acceleration Severity Index "ASI"||B|
|Permanent Lateral Displacement||x1,y2|
|Permanent Displacement Zone||S 0.5; T 2.0; U 0.5|
|Exit Box Classification||Z1|
|No. of Rails||3 no.|
|Overall Width||400 mm|
|Post Width||200 mm|
- Upright end terminal configuration i.e. avoids vehicle flight/ overturning hazard associated with “rampdown” terminals
- Shock absorbing modular components provide crash cushion performance with no risk of residual hazard
- Fully tested to EN 1317 Part 4
- For use in Single or Double-sided applications
- Simple modular components can be pre-assembled for rapid installation
- Overall length minimised to 3m and only 2 posts to be anchored in soil/ pavement
- Durable components hot-dipped galvanised
- Modular components can be easily replaced if vehicle impact causes minor damage only