OBEX Modular Terminal MT T50 is used to terminate and anchor guardrail in low speed applications (up to 50km/h) and complies with prEN1317 part 7. It is a fully upright terminal and is available in both single and double sided applications that withstands vehicle impact by compression of its unique energy absorbing steel cellular sections and the tension resistance of anchored steel wire rope. Steel sections are to grade S275 and S235, galvanised to EN 1461 and connected with grade 8.8 bolts. OBEX MT P1/ P2 is suitable for connection to both 2-Wave and 3-Wave corrugated beam guardrail systems. The OBEX Modular Terminal design concept is unique, innovative and covered with a Patent Pending application (UK No. 1421308.6).
The barrier system is to be installed by trained and certified OBEX installers in accordance with the OBEX installation manual.
|Acceleration Severity Index "ASI"||A|
|Permanent Displacement Zone||S 0.5|
|Exit Box Classification||Z2|
|No. of Rails||3 no.|
|Overall Width||400 mm|
- Shock absorbing modular components provide crash cushion performance with no risk of residual hazard
- Fully tested to prEN 1317 Part 7 including impact on transition connection from Guard Rail
- For use in Single or Double-sided applications
- Simple modular components can be pre-assembled for rapid installation
- Overall length minimised to 7m and only 3 posts to be anchored in soil/ pavement
- Flexible anchorage configurations with either driven posts, cast-in sockets or concrete base
- Durable components hot-dipped galvanised
- Modular components can be easily replaced if vehicle impact causes minor damage only